Collaborative learning and mutual mentorship are critically important to me. It helps me to learn, challenge myself, and feel supported and useful. I derive great fulfillment from sharing what I know with others, and I am motivated by the accountability, encouragement, and creativity that working in a team or a pair provides.
The following are some examples of opportunities I have seized to participate in learning communities and to mentor peers:
- Alumni Mentor, Future Faculty Teaching Fellows, University Graduate School, Indiana University Bloomington (IUB), AY 2019-2020
- Co-Facilitator, Future Faculty Teaching Fellows Learning Community, Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship Program (GTAP), Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL), IUB, AY 2018-2019
- Facilitator, Dissertation Writing Groups and Journal Article Writing Groups, Campus Writing Program, IUB, AY 2017-2018
- Mentor-Discussant, Associate Instructor Orientation, CITL, IUB, Aug. 2017
- Co-Facilitator, Food Pedagogy Series, IU Food Institute Graduate Group, IUB, AY 2016-2017
- Co-Facilitator, Teaching in English workshops for faculty, Lady Doak College, Madurai, India, 2016
In addition, I have provided peer feedback on colleagues' teaching and program facilitation in the Dissertation Writing Groups (2018) and in the Department of Anthropology (2017, for a fellow graduate student instructor), both at Indiana University Bloomington.